Friday, February 25, 2011

Wilton Course 2

Back in March or April of 2009 I decided that after years of desire, I was actually going to jump in and take a cake decorating class. I initially started looking at Santa Barbara City College's extension program. I found the class I wanted and went to sign up the day after registration opened and the course was already full. I was so bummed. My mom mentioned that Michael's Craft Store had cake decorating classes. So, off I went to sign up. Unfortunately, there were no signs ups for about two or three months. June finally came around and I got the call from the teacher that people were signing up and there would finally be a class. I didn't get any good pictures of my two cakes from the first course, but here is a picture of the cake I made for the final in the second course. The flowers are made of royal icing, the birds are color flow icing, the rest is buttercream. The cake is a two layer vanilla cake. I have always thought this would make a great spring or Easter cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment