Friday, February 25, 2011

Adam's Going Away Cake

My dear friend Adam is packing his bags and leaving Santa Barbara for an adventure teaching English in Asia. Of course I couldn't let him leave without making him some kind of going away cake. I figured that since he was going to be doing some traveling, suitcases and the world came to mind instantly. The bottom cake is chocolate with chocolate frosting, the middle cake is lemon with lemon curd and lemon cream cheese frosting, and the top is red velvet with cream cheese frosting. All of the decorations are fondant. I hand painted the bottom suitcase accents, the middle suitcase as well as its accents with a gold and white shimmer. The wording on the globe says "Good luck friend" in Mandarin. At least I hope that is what it says. Hopefully google was right. I was hoping to do some fondant accent stickers on the suitcases but ran out of time. I ended up only doing a few. You can't see them, but there are two sets of blue and teal stars on the right and a "D" in orange and blue for the Denver Broncos (Adam is a huge fan).

No comments:

Post a Comment