Friday, February 25, 2011

Deb's Purple Sparkle Birthday Cupcakes

These cupcakes were for my friend Deb's birthday bash. Instead of bringing a big cake that you have to cut into and pass around, I decided that since we were going out, we needed something easy to eat. What is an easier baked good to eat than a cupcake? I made lemon cupcakes filled with lemon curd and a lemon cream cheese frosting to top. Deb is notorious for loving purple and sparkles. I added some subtle flares of purple with the purple streaks in the frosting and the purple edible glitter. I have to say, I was a little disappointed that the edible glitter wasn't very glittery. Nonetheless, she loved them and so did everyone else. By the end of the night the cupcakes had turned into beautiful creations touched by God and angel tears, and all hand made... even down to the cupcake tins and edible glitter. It was hysterical. I am just glad that everyone loved them, especially the birthday girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment