Friday, February 25, 2011

Spa Weekend Purse & Shoe Cake

My mom and her friends get together every so often for a little spa retreat weekend at one of their houses. They usually get cupcakes for the event, but my mom thought this was a perfect opportunity for me to do a cake. She decided that she wanted something girlie like a purse cake. This was my first purse cake, and my first experience making a gumpaste/fondant shoe. The shoe is a little dark so you can't really see some of the details in the photo. The cake is red velvet with cream cheese frosting. I thought it would be cool to have the red cake jump out at you with the zebra print. The red accent roses just made it blend together that much more. The ladies loved the cake and I learned A LOT from the cake and shoes that I can use next time I need to make a cake like this. Success all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment