Friday, February 25, 2011

Turntable with Headphones

My brother Chris' roommate was having a birthday and his roommates girlfriend and him wanted nothing more than for to me make a cake for the celebration. At first when they told me their number one idea was for a turntable, I will be honest, I got a little scared. I had never really done anything like that before. The wheels started turning and this is what I came up with. Not knowing much about turntables or anything of the sort, I think it came out relatively well. The cake was chocolate fudge and vanilla marble with buttercream. I covered the cake in white fondant and painted it with a a silver shimmer dust which made for a very cool effect. The headphones are made of fondant and painted with the silver shimmer dust and black icing color. All of the other accents are made out of fondant. My brother, his roommate, and his roommates girlfriend were all thrilled. Everyone at the party raved and raved and raved. Let me tell you, it felt mighty awesome!! I was just glad they loved it as much as they did.

No comments:

Post a Comment