Friday, February 25, 2011

Saints Super Bowl Cupcakes

I have had a huge desire to do some baking recently, and thought what better day than the day my Saints go to the Super Bowl? I made red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and made little fondant footballs and fleur de lys' to top the cupcakes. I originally had the idea to make the fluer de lys' three tones with the white, gold and black. After making one of them I realized that would be a rather daunting task, so I just stuck to the black. I ended up brushing them with some gold shimmer dust and calling it a day. They came out really cute and they were a hit at the Super Bowl party I attended. It was my first time making red velvet cupcakes with this cream cheese frosting, this is definitely a recipe I am going to have to make again. It was so light and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment