Friday, February 25, 2011

New Year's Eve Champagne Cupcakes

For New Years Eve this year, my friend Deb asked me to make something yummy and sweet for the celebration. I knew there would be a lot of champagne to ring in the new year, and thought there was no better sweet treat than a champagne cupcake with sweet champagne buttercream frosting. I added little pearl accents to the cupcakes to make them sparkle a little more. They were absolutely delicious. It was the first time that I had made them, and I will definitely do so again. I am glad that I got to make something fun to ring in the new year. Not to mention, that I got a candy apple red Kitchenaid stand mixer for Christmas that I got to use for the first time. What a difference a mixer makes!! And of course, I got to display them in my new cupcake tree. It was a lot of fun.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Steph,

    Just wanted you to know the cupcakes last night were awesome. Also the new blog website is cool!

    Love ya, Lisa

    ReplyDelete