Friday, February 25, 2011

Father's Day Tie Cake

For Father's Day I made my mom's boyfriend a shirt and tie cake. It was chocolate and vanilla marble with a vanilla buttercream frosting. It was a lot of fun. The picture actually doesn't really give a great depiction of how it looked in person. There was another father at the father's day celebration, a family friend, who was also included in the cake festivities. Both fathers were thrilled with the cake and happy to be recognized.

I always have such great ideas for cakes to make for my father for events, but he ruins it by not liking anything too sweet. I think for his birthday or for another Father's Day I will have to make him something he likes, and then make a cake for everyone else with something themed especially for him.

Happy Father's Day to all of the dad's out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment