Friday, February 25, 2011

Grandma's 92nd Birthday Grape Cake

So this cake was kind of a big deal for me because it was my first tiered cake. I had done a lot of reading up on how to implement it, so I think it went off fairly well. The bottom tier was chocolate cake with a chocolate buttercream. The top tier was red velvet with cream cheese frosting. Both were phenomenal. Both tiers were covered with fondant and painted gold with some shimmer dust I made into a paint-like consistency. All of the other decorations are made with fondant as well. I loved how well the colors worked together. The theme and decorations at her party were grapes and these magentas and golds. It went along perfectly with everything. I am honestly so proud of it and so happy that it came out the way it did. Everyone was super impressed, especially my Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment