Friday, February 25, 2011

Erin's Baby Shower Cake

One of my dear friends from all the way back to elementary school is having a baby girl. For her baby shower we decided to do a onesie cake with some sparkly gumpaste Mary Jane's and little rose accents. The cake is white cake with a lemon curd filling and fresh strawberries with lemon cream cheese frosting. I also did cupcakes with the yellow frosting and edible pearls to bring the two together. The baby's name is Claire so we definitely had to incorporate that somewhere. This was my first experience with a onesie cake and it turned out really well for my first time. It was definitely interesting having to carve the cake and make sure that both sides were even. Carving cakes can definitely be a daunting task for me, but it turned out great! My favorite was the little Mary Janes with some sparkle. They turned out amazing! Everyone was super impressed and Erin loved it..

No comments:

Post a Comment