Friday, February 25, 2011

Hil's Bridal Shower Cake

My friend Hilary got engaged and as a bridesmaid, I helped to plan one of her bridal showers. I asked her very early on if it would be ok if I made a cake.. Since I was very new at the whole thing I wasn't sure she would be ok with it, but she was thrilled. Since she has just stopped working at Tiffany & Co. I decided to make the cake Tiffany blue. It was a vanilla cake with buttercream. The hearts with the bride and grooms initials are also buttercream. The dress is fondant and decorated with little buttercream accents. The cake was a total hit. I had people telling me that they thought it was from a professional bakery. Obviously I was overjoyed at the thought since this was one of the very first cakes I have ever made. I am still thrilled when people tell me they love my cakes because I am still so new at it.. Anyway, she loved it and so did everyone else.

1 comment: